Not sure how a blog works, but I was asked why I liked Billy Jealousy products so much, so here’s the drawn-out answer:
I actually stumbled on Billy Jealousy by pure-chance. I’m 24 and have been out of college for a year, but during my college years I was on the wrestling team. It’s safe to say that wrestling is brutal for both skin and hair.
Wrestling season occurs during the winter months and up here in Michigan we trained and showered twice a day in hard water -the scalp dries out quick. Cutting weight to make a certain weight class caused us to be dehydrated weekly (along with our skin). Our face took a beating during wrestling practice and as if it it’s not irritated enough NCAA rules require that we are clean shaven before competition (usually twice weekly). Then there is skin infections, too numerous and gross to name-off and they usually creep into every college wrestling room. So my senior year I went online to find a good face moisturizer and a shave cream.
Online I saw all of the men’s skincare lines out there, but what struck me was how dull they looked. Most of them gave me a persona of a ‘mature’ male who orders fruity drinks with a sports blazer and jeans, and chills in the corner at any social gathering because all the magazine issues they read forget to tell them to how approach a chick … it’s crazy these days… toners.. face masks..
If your grooming routine is more complicated than the girl you’re trying to pick-up, trust me, she’ll be running for the door. Anyway, I saw Billy Jealousy online and decided to give their combination code and hydroplane a shot.
After that it was all over.
The next week I purchased their Fuzzy Logic shampoo and Cashmere Coat conditioner… and then their Ocean Front body wash and Bar None face wash. Their products are not like any other brand out there. They are simple, super potent, and the scents of them are amazing. All the girls I know love them and my teammates in the locker room got a hold of their products and most all of them have something of Billy’s in their medicine cabinet or shower to this day.
Never had I gotten any “skin funk” while using their Ocean Front during wrestling season. It cleans great and even gets rid of “bacne”. It clears up and prevents razor bumps from shaving the chest area, my scalp was all healed up, and my hair started to thicken (even in the winter).
Bar None was excellent because you only have to use it once every 2 days and you’re good to go.
Combination Code is the pinnacle of their products though; it hydrates, isn’t greasy at all, smells amazing and actually heals the skin.
They also added 3 new products that are worth noting: Whipped Cream (amazing scent), Ruckus hair cream (lasts all night and all day), and Sake Bomb body moisturizer (skin feels like silk and it couples perfectly with Ocean Front).
Couple of tips for Billy’s products, post-college:
When purchasing any skin-care product as a guy, remember why you’re purchasing it. For example, I really like these products because on a lot of occasions my routine is not ‘morning and night’. Usually it’s all night and then waking up to a pretty girl who expects you to still look like you did the night before. So, some thoughts…
- Ruckus last for at least 24 hrs in your hair unlike other products that crunch up the morning after.
- Illicit cologne is really good and it’s strong (the scent last for days). So spray it on a cotton ball and then dab it behind your ears, back of your neck, and on the inside of your arms. The popular colognes like Aqua di Gio, Curves, Fierce, Code, etc., are not a good choice since every girl knows those scents by now and it doesn’t make you stand out, which should be your ultimate goal… in a good way.
- 6-Pack works as a really good moisturizer too and if it’s an epic night, just rub that stuff on your torso, arms, and calves and your skin will look tight, moisturized, and smell awesome. The scent is really cool and light, so no cologne needed.
Other tips outside of the grooming realm for when you’re going out with/for a girl:
- Be respectful and make the night theirs, but always have a game plan. Never fall back on the line “what do you want to do?”
- Be humble but confident- always make eye contact.
- Hold a little back. Girls want why they can’t have, so be somewhat of a challenge and have fun.
Pretty sure Billy took those golden-rules and bottled them up in his grooming line: effortless style for TODAY’S urban male.